The year seems to be flying by… can you believe we are already more than halfway through 2015? And what a year it has been for the Windermere Foundation. Thanks to your continued support, we have raised more than $738,000 this year to support organizations that help low-income and homeless families throughout the Western U.S. Overall, that brings the total amount we have raised to date to $29.5 million!
This past quarter, donations from real estate sales/transactions made up 40 percent of the total revenue, with the other 60 percent coming from personal donations made by Windermere agents, owners, staff, and our community partners. We are getting close to our $30 million end-of-year goal for 2015, but we still need your help to get us there!
Over the past year, the Windermere Foundation has been able to provide grants to organizations, such as Multi-Communities (M.I.C.), which provides services to families surviving domestic violence, and Mary’s Place, a drop-in day shelter for women with children.
“I wanted to extend my sincere appreciation for the funding assistance. Funding included the Community Garden of Peace Project I for young mothers ages 14-18, as well as the Community Peace Project II, in addition to rental assistance for abused moms and their children, food cards, and financial assistance for toys, books, and other gifts during the holidays. Thanks to Windermere, we were able to provide services and other assistance directly to families, in addition to helping us work towards expanding our outreach and services to multiple youth and family services organizations throughout Seattle—a gift that just keeps on giving! Thus far, we have helped 17 families.”
–Bettie J. Williams-Watson, Founder/Executive Director, Multi-Communities (M.I.C.)
“Wow! You are just love. You fill our hearts and our shelter with healing and hope! Thank for being the grace and goodness we need to survive until we get our forever homes. We love Windermere!”
— Marty Hartman, Executive Director, Mary’s Place
These are just a couple of organizations that have received assistance through the Windermere Foundation. If you’d like to help us reach our fundraising goal of $30 million by end of year, please click on the Donate button.
Thank you to everyone who supports the Windermere Foundation. Your generosity is truly making a difference in the lives of many families in our local communities.
To learn more about the Windermere Foundation, visit http://www.windermere.com/foundation